6th EAI International Conference on Serious Games, Interaction and Simulation
Follow us on Twitter at [#SGAMES2016](https://twitter.com/hashtag/SGames2016?src=hash)
The location of the event is "Sala de Actos - Edifício E" (E Building).
Entry 03 on the map (https://www.isep.ipp.pt/ISEP/Location), on the first floor.
Games are structured contexts, with clearly-defined rules, where players must overcome challenges and face opponents (real or game characters) to achieve victory. Games can offer incredibly immersive and engaging environments where users ‘learn by doing’ and improve skills and competences related to decision making, strategy, teamwork, social skills, leadership and collaboration.
Serious Games focus on the design, development, use and application of games for purposes other than entertainment. Education and training represent the main areas of application of Serious Games but they have been equally used, with success, for health, research, emergency planning, advertisement and military purposes. The most striking effect in the use of Serious Games is an increased user motivation and engagement towards the “serious” objectives. Interaction and simulation are fundamental tools for this motivation and engagement: providing intuitive and innovative forms of interaction with the game captures the user interest and creating intelligent game play maintains that interest.
However, in spite of the existing evidence of success, there is still a limited use of Serious Games. This has mainly to do with social concerns and stereotypes about the relation of games and serious purposes. Other issues relate to physical and cost barriers, hardware and license cost, access (for online games), maintenance and support. But this limited use is also related to the lack of extended evidence of effective application.
SGAMES, the International Conference on Serious Games, Interaction and Simulation is a multidisciplinary approach to the presentation of research, theory, application, practice and validation in the field of Serious Games for any level and any area. As such it covers areas like cognition, psychology, technology-enhanced education, evaluation and assessment, multimedia and information technology, interaction and simulation. SGames 2016 is interested in new scientific approaches and results from experiments and real-life applications.
- SGAMES is organized by SEGAN, the European Association for Serious Games.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Selected papers, particularly those nominated for the Best Paper competition, will be automatically considered for publication in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Serious Games.
We invite submissions that deal with issues including, but not limited to:
- Technology, tools and systems for Serious Games
- Game platforms, toolkits, frameworks, engines, APIs and libraries
- Game interfaces (input devices, speech, gestures)
- Content generation tools
- Immersive Environments, virtual environments, virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality use for Serious Games
- Games for education and training
- Games for emergency and disaster management, crowd simulation, crime scene investigation
- Games for health, medical training, therapy
- Games and art
- Serious Games for other purposes
- Games for science and research
- Game platforms
- Online, Multi-user games
- Games for mobile, handheld, and connected systems
- Game Security and Networking
- Future Issues of Serious Games
- Accessibility and inclusive design for Serious Games
- Serious games design
- Gaming communities, games and society
- Evaluation of Serious Games
- Interaction principles, theories, and models
- Interactive systems and devices
- Interaction & interface design & evaluation
- User modeling and user focus
- Usability and universal accessibility
- Agents and human interaction
- Social aspects of human-computer interaction
- Modeling and simulation tools and platforms
- Virtual reality and graphical simulations
- Computer simulation techniques
- Formal methods for simulation
- Social systems simulation
- Agent based modeling and simulation
- Biologically Inspired Systems Simulation